As promised …
Posted by joeabbott on April 22, 2013
Not a lot of progress yesterday. It was rainy all day and, while I was working in the garage, it seemed a “hang out and enjoy a grey day” day. But, I did assemble two of the four “pans”. Here’s our progress so far:
I started with the sides sawed, so today I cut the bottom so it’d nest just inside the assembled sides. Then I used a plate joiner to cut holes for “biscuits” to hold the bottom in the sides. After this, it was time for glue and clamps!
Unfortunately, while dry fitting, I managed to break off part of the box joint from the side. It was a big bummer but fixable with a bit more glue.
And that leaves us with the two pans (the glue is still drying) and two sides. All parts need to be sanded down (evening out edges, removing burn marks, etc.), glue drips removed, and (sorry to say) gaps filled with putty. So, I have a lot more but I’m making progress!
Thanks for checking in.